Thursday, August 17, 2006

Interviewing...

I seem to spend half my time going to meet people at the moment - not people who can actually give me a job but recruitment agents who like to pretend they can - recruitment agents.

Things are pretty slow in the job market right now as everyone's on vacation, so it's a bit of a pain. I've had two proper interviews: - one for an audit/consulting firm which sounded okay - I was due to go for a second interview, then I remembered why I left audit and consulting in the first place - because I absolutely hated it and was deeply, deeply miserable doing it.

So I decided to pass on the second interview. I feel that recruitment agent may never speak to me again.

The other interview was for a publishing company downtown, and it went pretty well. I should hear today if I got through to the second stage - hope so, but we'll see.

Actually, today I'm more worried about the dentist.

Last Friday, part of one of my molar's broke off when I bit a nut; it was a piece around a filling and the way I see it there are two ways to fix this - root canal or yank the tooth entirely - neither of which exactly fills me with joy. Guess I'll find out which way that goes later this afternoon...


Novacaine - stat!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home