Thursday, June 15, 2006

Rain stopped Play

Well, not really - I just thought it was a clever title.

Monday morning, I got up and was ready to head over to Central Park to grab some free Shakespeare in the Park tickets. Luckily, I checked the internet before I went - and the start date had been pushed back to Tuesday.

My plans shattered, I headed downstairs to the Study (still no furniture) and did a good three-four hours writing, the best I've managed in quite a while.

After lunch I went for a walk (more photos on the way!) over to Central Park West and round the edge of the Park...

...to the new Apple Store, which was full of things I want but can't have.


After that, another stroll through the Park then back to the apartment and some more writing.

Later on, I was waiting for Gill to get off the subway at Broadway and 50th. I was leaning against the corner of a Duane Reade and looking south into Times Square, where there was the usual bustle, neon lights, big LCD screens and I thought:

"Wow. This is where we live."

I think that is only just sinking in properly for the both of us.

Oh, and we ate out at Joe Allen's...and that's always good.

All in all, an excellent day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home